Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Expander Day!

So I haven’t written anything in a long time and that is basically because not much has happened. About a month ago, I went into the Ortho to have spacers put between my teeth to make room for this aparatus called an Expander.
Two weeks ago they took a mold of my mouth to have the expander fit. Let me tell you, an accurate mold is a bitch to have made. Makes you feel like you’re going to throw up all over the place, but then you think “No, dont throw up!!!” because if you do, you’re going to have to swallow it since you have all the Goop in your mouth.. disgusting.. yes!
So today… WOOOOOO today!!! Today was explander day… It’s not as exciting as I am making it as this thing is quite the bitch. But… It means that I am moving forward and progress is being made, which is always exciting.
But yes… Today I went to the Ortho and they put the expander in. Its this metal thing that attaches to two of my molars and has a center brace that spans my mouth. The installation is easy… but its living with it that is pretty difficult (and this only happened 3 hours ago!)
Talking is absurd.. “S” and “N”s are tough… I never realized it but those two letters (and im sure ill find a bunch more) cause you to really force your tongue onto the roof of ur mouth… and with this thing in there… Impossible!!
Swallowing… also very hard! It always feels like you have some water or spit left in your mouth that you can never fully get rid of.
Eating… Also… Impossible. I came back to work after having the expander installed and tried to have lunch (Spaghetti and Sausage) and it just wasn’t happening. The food seems to want to go straight for the space between the roof of your mouth and the expander, which if you have the same mind frame as me… you’re not a fan of.
So after all that complaining, I will say it again.. I am very excited that the expander was installed. It is progress and there is nothing better then progress when working towards a goal.. perfect teeth! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment