Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Expansion, Expansion, Expansion!!!

So after the hectic time of recovering from the nosebleed that wouldn't stop and the nasal packs that caused caos on my nose... I have been expanding like no other. haha

So since the 12th of April (Day before my nosebleed) I have been turning the key twice a day. Each key turn is suppose to be 1/2 a millimeter. As of today, I have turned the key 30 times, which is suppose to be equivalent to 7.5mm. Measuring my gap, I am not quite at 7.5mm, but I have read that the gap isn't a 100% accurate depiction of how much you have expanded. There is elastic fibers in your gums inbetwen your front two teeth that can tend to pull your teeth together. As of right now I am about 6-6.5mm.

Today I went to see the Orthodontist, and he was pretty happy with where I am so far. Unfortunately, he still wants another 12 turns out of me.... 3mm more! :( But that is more then fine and soon I will be getting these teeth back together. I am scheduled to get braced to start to move my front teeth back together May 17th (3 weeks from today).

Here are some photos to show my progress though expansion. I appologize that they aren't the best pictures, and from now on, I won't take a photo after a meal and i'll make sure to brush first. haha

1 comment: