Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Surgical Consultation

Today I had a consultation with a surgeon right next door to my orthodontist. I like that they are so close because they have worked together many times, and also are able to communicate very easily. The surgeon went through the procedure of looking through my mouth and checking out my teeth, ya know… what surgeons do! haha
He told me everything I needed to know about the surgery, even though I have already done soooooo much research and know a lot about it already. He was very informational with what he told me that I even learned some new things. He said I would be a great candidate for the surgery and that I should without a doubt go ahead and do it.
I left him with a great feeling about him as a surgeon and the surgery in general. I think that is a big part of this entire thing. You need to feel 100% comfortable with the people that are going to be doing this work on you for the next few years of your life. You need to have a good feeling about your ortho and your surgeon and trust him or her completely. I feel if you do not, then your experience is going to be that much more challenging and draining…. i think.. haha
I am yet to go through it all.. so…. here is to wishful thinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment